Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Makes ready and operates proof press to make proofs of type setup: Places galley of type on bed of press.
- 2) Depresses pedal to move ink roller over face of type or applies ink, using hand roller.
- 3) Places sheet of paper on type and depresses pedal or turns crank to pass rollers over paper to obtain proof of type setup.
- 4) Removes proofsheet from press and delivers it to PROOFREADER.
- 5) May print reproduction proofs of type and illustrating cuts on transparent film or glossy paper, to be used in lithographic plate making.
- 6) May be designated according to type of press operated as Lithographic Proofer; Offset-Proof-Press Operator.
Is being a "PROOF-PRESS OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PROOF-PRESS OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PROOF-PRESS OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PROOF-PRESS OPERATOR"
Job Number: 7994