Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates machines to encode, add, cancel, photocopy, and sort checks, drafts, and money orders for collection and to prove records of transactions: Places checks into machine that encodes amounts in magnetic ink, adds amounts, and cancels check.
- 2) Enters amount of each check, using keyboard.
- 3) Places encoded checks in sorter and activates machine to automatically microfilm, sort, and total checks according to bank drawn on.
- 4) Observes panel light to note check machine cannot read.
- 5) Reads check and enters data, such as amount, bank, or account number, using keyboard.
- 6) Compares machine totals to listing received with batch of checks and rechecks each item if totals differ.
- 7) Encodes correct amount or prepares transaction correction record, if error is found.
- 8) Bundles sorted check with tape listing each item to prepare checks, drawn on other banks, for collection.
- 9) May enter commands to transfer data from machine to computer.
- 10) May operate separate photocopying machine.
- 11) May clean equipment and replace printer ribbons, film, and tape.
- 12) May manually sort and list items for proof or collection.
- 13) May record, sort, and prove other transaction documents, such as deposit and withdrawal slips, using proof machine.
Is being a "PROOF-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PROOF-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PROOF-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PROOF-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 7992