"PROGRAM SPECIALIST, EMPLOYEE-HEALTH MAINTENANCE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Coordinates activities of area employers in setting up local government funded program within establishments to help employees who are not functioning at satisfactory levels of job performance due to alcoholism or other behavioral medical problems: Writes and prepares newspaper advertisements, newsletters, and questionnaires and speaks before community groups to promote employee assistance program within business community.
- 2) Analyzes character and type of business establishments in area, and compiles list of prospective employers appropriate for implementing assistance program.
- 3) Contacts prospective employers, explains program and fees, points out advantages of program, and reaches agreement with interested employers on extent of proposed program.
- 4) Develops program within establishment.
- 5) Establishes committee composed of company officials and workers to develop statement of employee assistance program and policy and procedures.
- 6) Plans and conducts training sessions for company officials to develop skills in identifying and handling employees troubled by alcoholism or other personal problems.
- 7) Assists employer in setting up in-plant educational program to prevent alcoholism, using posters, pamphlets, and films, and establishes referral network providing for in-plant and out-of-plant group or individual counseling for troubled employees.
- 8) Confers with team member of assistance program who provides counseling regarding planning and progress of counseling components.
- 9) Confers with staff of employee assistance program regarding progress and evaluation of current programs and proposals for developing new programs.
Is being a "PROGRAM SPECIALIST, EMPLOYEE-HEALTH MAINTENANCE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PROGRAM SPECIALIST, EMPLOYEE-HEALTH MAINTENANCE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PROGRAM SPECIALIST, EMPLOYEE-HEALTH MAINTENANCE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PROGRAM SPECIALIST, EMPLOYEE-HEALTH MAINTENANCE"
Job Number: 7978