"PROFILING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR II"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates profile milling machine equipped with built-in or attached tracing mechanism that guides cutting tool in parallel relationship to stylus to mill two-dimensional scale profiles from models, according to specifications: Examines layout or workpiece, blueprints, and work order to ascertain type of tooling required and finished dimensions of workpiece.
- 2) Positions and secures workpiece and template or model on machine table, using clamp, vise, blocks, measuring instruments, and wrenches.
- 3) Selects and inserts specified stylus and cutting tool, using handtools.
- 4) Starts machine, turns controls to change speed of cutting tool, directional movement of stylus, and automatic feed rate to ensure conformance of milled workpiece to specifications.
- 5) Verifies conformance of workpiece, using dial and surface gauges, templates, calipers, and micrometers.
- 6) Removes milled workpiece and template or model from machine table.
- 7) May mill nonmetallic materials.
- 8) May turn lever to start flow of coolant or lubricant on machining area.
- 9) May manually move stylus to mill workpiece.
Is being a "PROFILING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PROFILING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PROFILING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PROFILING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR II"
Job Number: 7973