Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans and prepares production schedules for manufacture of industrial or commercial products: Draws up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- 2) Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
- 3) Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- 4) Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations for guidance of production workers.
- 5) Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
- 6) Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- 7) Prepares production reports.
- 8) May prepare lists of required materials, tools, and equipment.
- 9) May prepare purchase orders to obtain materials, tools, and equipment.
Is being a "PRODUCTION PLANNER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PRODUCTION PLANNER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PRODUCTION PLANNER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PRODUCTION PLANNER"
Job Number: 2132