Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends one or more automatic machines to head, trim, roll-thread, slot, or tap metal stock to produce nuts, bolts, or other fasteners: Feeds machine by filling hoppers or loading coiled steel on reel and threading end of coil through feed rolls.
- 2) Starts machine and observes operation.
- 3) Measures parts, using rule or fixed gauge, to determine conformance to specifications.
- 4) Frees stock jammed in feed mechanism, using rod.
- 5) Stops machine and notifies supervisor when machine malfunctions or parts do not conform to specifications.
- 6) Installs and adjusts cutting tools on machine, using wrench and rule.
- 7) May be designated according to type of machine tended as Tapping-Machine Operator, Automatic.
Is being a "PRODUCTION-MACHINE TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PRODUCTION-MACHINE TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PRODUCTION-MACHINE TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PRODUCTION-MACHINE TENDER"
Job Number: 7960