Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends processing section of machine that extrudes synthetic fiber filaments: Threads continuous filaments through guides and around rollers that carry product through machine, apply washing and bleaching solutions, and dry filaments prior to winding, twisting, or cutting into staple lengths.
- 2) Observes gauges and moves controls to start and regulate flow of washing and bleaching solutions, applied to moving filament through openings in rollers, and to maintain temperature of drying rollers according to plant standards.
- 3) Repairs breaks in filaments by tying ends together.
- 4) In nylon plants, may set temperature of rolls that heat and stretch filaments to impart strength and fuse filaments into tow.
- 5) May doff bobbins of yarn at end of windup cycle and reset clock device that regulates speed of filament travel according to diameter of bobbin.
Is being a "PROCESSOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PROCESSOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PROCESSOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PROCESSOR"
Job Number: 7928