Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends grain separating, washing, and scouring machines that remove foreign matter, such as dirt, smut, and rust, from grain preparatory to milling: Adjusts slides in bin spouts and starts elevators to route grain from storage bins to machines.
- 2) Turns valves to regulate water temperature and water level in washer, to adjust air suction to remove dust from separators, and to regulate flow of air through drier.
- 3) Turns wingnuts to adjust angle of separator screens, according to grain flow and amount of refuse.
- 4) Hooks bag under end of screen to catch refuse.
- 5) Starts machines to process grain and observes flow entering machines to prevent overloading.
- 6) Examines processed grain to verify cleanliness.
- 7) Pounds chutes with mallet to dislodge clogged grain.
- 8) May tend separating equipment only and be designated Separator Tender I.
Is being a "PROCESSOR, GRAIN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PROCESSOR, GRAIN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PROCESSOR, GRAIN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PROCESSOR, GRAIN"
Job Number: 7930