"PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARD ASSEMBLER, HAND"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following duties in assembly of electronic components onto printed circuit boards according to specifications, using handtools: Reads worksheets and wiring diagrams, receives verbal instructions, or follows sample board to determine assembly duties, and selects components, such as transistors, resistors, relays, capacitors, and integrated circuits.
- 2) Twists, bends, trims, strips, or files wire leads of components or reams holes in boards to insert wire leads, using handtools.
- 3) Inserts color-coded wires in designated holes and clinches wire ends, using pliers.
- 4) Press-fits component leads onto board.
- 5) Places plastic insulating sleeves around specified wire leads of components and shrinks sleeves into place, using heat gun.
- 6) Crimps wire leads on underside of board, using handtools or press.
- 7) Applies sealer or masking compound to selected parts of board to protect parts from effects of wave solder process.
- 8) Solders wire leads and joints on underside of board, using soldering iron, to route and connect lead wires to board and between individual components.
- 9) Installs heat sinks, sockets, faceplates, and accessories on boards, using handtools.
- 10) May be designated according to unit installed as Socket Assembler or stage of production as Post-Wave Assembler; Pre-Wave Assembler.
- 11) May assist other workers in wave-soldering PCB's.
Is being a "PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARD ASSEMBLER, HAND" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARD ASSEMBLER, HAND" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARD ASSEMBLER, HAND"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARD ASSEMBLER, HAND"
Job Number: 7888