Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assists workers engaged in setting type, operating printing presses, and making plates, performing any combination of following duties: Moves material and supplies to and from various work areas.
- 2) Assists in making ready and adjusting presses for production runs.
- 3) Keeps presses supplied with paper stock.
- 4) Cleans presses, printing plates, and type setups after use.
- 5) Covers dampening rolls with wool or felt.
- 6) Counts, stacks, and wraps finished printed material.
- 7) Cleans electrotype shells prior to casting, and removes excess metal from edges or backs of cast printing plates, using metal trimming and shaving machines.
- 8) Trims stereotype matrices to size and dries them between steam or flame-heated plates.
- 9) Immerses cast plates in copper and chrome plating solutions.
- 10) Nails wooden blocks to backs of prepared plates to bring plates to printing level.
- 11) May set type by hand following copy.
- 12) May be designated according to work involved as Electrotyper Helper; Photoengraving Helper; Stereotyper Helper.
- 13) Performs other duties as described under HELPER Master Title.
Is being a "PRINT-SHOP HELPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PRINT-SHOP HELPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PRINT-SHOP HELPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PRINT-SHOP HELPER"
Job Number: 7914