Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates tandem print-line machine to smooth, paint, and print wood grain designs on surface of furniture, composition-wood dimensional panels, or hardboard panels: Confers with supervisor or reads production schedule to determine panels to be processed.
- 2) Selects printing cylinders according to production schedule and installs cylinders on machine, using hoist and handtools.
- 3) Gives directions to workers engaged in feeding, inspecting, and removing panels to ensure that sanding, painting, and printing of panels conforms to specifications.
- 4) Fills reservoir of printing unit with ink or stain.
- 5) Tests viscosity of paint in painting unit by timing flow of paint through porous container, using watch.
- 6) Pushes buttons to start individual units, and observes units to detect malfunctions.
- 7) Turns knobs and handles or pushes buttons to adjust sanding, painting, and printing of panel surfaces.
- 8) Occasionally assists maintenance personnel in disassembly and reassembly of individual units.
- 9) Maintains record of ink and paint used.
- 10) May blend stains to obtain color and viscosity specified by job order.
- 11) May add catalyst or solvent to paint, utilizing experience, to achieve specified viscosity of paint.
Is being a "PRINT-LINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PRINT-LINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PRINT-LINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PRINT-LINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 7911