Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Measures propellant force of powder charge by firing small arms cartridges and shotshells in pressure-testing device: Selects test barrel according to type and caliber of cartridge to be fired.
- 2) Secures breech end of barrel in fixture containing breech-block, hammer, and firing pin, using handtools and gauges.
- 3) Inserts gas check and steel piston into vent in barrel wall.
- 4) Positions lead or copper slug of standard length on piston and tightens yoke-mounted setscrew which acts as anvil to secure it.
- 5) Fires cartridge and measures compressed slug for reduction in length, using micrometer.
- 6) Converts reduction in slug length to pressure expressed in pounds-per-square inch, using conversion chart.
- 7) Computes average pressure for specified number of cartridges.
- 8) May perform velocity tests on projectiles.
Is being a "PRESSURE-TEST OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PRESSURE-TEST OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PRESSURE-TEST OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PRESSURE-TEST OPERATOR"
Job Number: 7862