Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls volume of gas in city distribution mains to ensure adequate gas supply according to consumer demand: Determines required governor adjustments to maintain specified gas pressure and volume according to consumer-demand estimates, based on weather conditions and time of day or night, or receives governor adjustment instructions from PRESSURE SUPERVISOR.
- 2) Changes position or number of weights on balance lever or turns valves to adjust governors located at various regulating stations within city.
- 3) Operates switchboard to adjust governors which are remotely controlled by electric telemetering equipment.
- 4) May overhaul gas governors.
- 5) May clean pits housing governors, using suction pump and shovel.
- 6) May determine causes of abnormal pressure variances and make corrective recommendations, such as installation of pipe to relieve overloading.
Is being a "PRESSURE CONTROLLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PRESSURE CONTROLLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PRESSURE CONTROLLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PRESSURE CONTROLLER"
Job Number: 7858