Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates pressing machine to smooth surfaces, flatten seams, or shape articles, such as garments, drapes, slipcovers, and hose, in manufacturing or dry cleaning establishments, using either of following methods: Spreads articles to be pressed on buck of machine.
- 2) Pulls pressing head onto article and depresses pedals or presses buttons to admit steam from buck through garments to press them and to exhaust steam from presser.
- 3) Rearranges articles on buck and repeats process until pressing is complete.
- 4) Positions garment on buck and depresses pedal to lower jump iron onto garment and to apply pressure.
- 5) Pushes lever to release steam from iron.
- 6) Pushes iron attached to movable arm back and forth over garment and shifts garment under iron until garment is pressed.
- 7) Hangs pressed articles on wire hangers.
- 8) May operate two presses simultaneously, positioning articles on one press while another article is steamed on other press.
- 9) May finish pressed articles, using hand or puff irons.
- 10) May tend machine that presses and shapes articles, such as shirts, blouses, and sweaters.
- 11) May be designated according to article pressed as Coat Presser; Pants Presser; or according to fabric pressed as Silk Presser II; or according to part of garment pressed as Armhole-And-Shoulder Off-Presser; Lining Presser; or according to type of machine used as Jump-Iron-Machine Presser.
- 12) May be designated according to article, part, type of fabric, or machine used as Band Presser; Collar Fuser; Form-Press Operator; Legger-Press Operator; Mushroom-Press Operator; Puff-Iron Operator II; Shirt Finisher; Topper-Press Operator; Topper-Press Operator, Automatic; Vest-Front Presser; Wash-Clothes Presser; Wool Presser.
Is being a "PRESSER, MACHINE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PRESSER, MACHINE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PRESSER, MACHINE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PRESSER, MACHINE"
Job Number: 7853