Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up mechanical and hydraulic presses to produce powdered-metal parts, such as bearings, gears, filters, and rings according to blueprints and specifications, using handtools: Installs, positions, and aligns dies in press bed.
- 2) Adjusts stroke of ram and punches to specified depth of fill and injection stroke, using handtools, and opens supply hopper valves to regulate flow of powder.
- 3) Starts machine to produce sample parts for inspection.
- 4) Measures dimensions of and weighs parts to ensure parts meet specifications, using micrometer and balance scale.
- 5) May set up sintering furnace.
Is being a "PRESS SETTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PRESS SETTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PRESS SETTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PRESS SETTER"
Job Number: 7837