"PRESS OPERATOR, CARBON BLOCKS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates press that forms carbon paste into anodes used in metal-reduction pots: Pushes panel buttons to activate hopper, chain conveyor, cooling chamber belt, and power rolls.
- 2) Turns valve to regulate flow of water to carbon cooling chamber.
- 3) Observes signal light on hopper which indicates hopper is filled and paste is discharged into mold.
- 4) Starts mechanical vibrator to pack mix in mold.
- 5) Moves levers to synchronize rotation of index table with dropping of ram to press mix into blocks.
- 6) Adjusts ram stroke to press carbon block to specified size, using wrench.
- 7) Stops press when warning light indicates malfunction or when mold is overheated.
- 8) Removes rejects from conveyor, using pneumatic ram.
Is being a "PRESS OPERATOR, CARBON BLOCKS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PRESS OPERATOR, CARBON BLOCKS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PRESS OPERATOR, CARBON BLOCKS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PRESS OPERATOR, CARBON BLOCKS"
Job Number: 7831