Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks in preparing cast jewelry findings for further processing: Cuts, saws, or breaks off gates from jewelry castings, using shears, jeweler's saw, pliers, or foot press equipped with cutting tool.
- 2) Removes burrs and smooths rough edges of casting, using file or grinding wheel.
- 3) Straightens distorted castings, using foot press equipped with shaping dies.
- 4) May remove plaster from castings by dipping castings in water and acid solution.
- 5) May count and separate jewelry casting into containers, according to type, and marks containers with identifying information.
- 6) May specialize in breaking off gates from jewelry castings and be designated Breaker-Off.
Is being a "PREPARER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PREPARER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PREPARER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PREPARER"
Job Number: 7804