Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates boring machine to drill holes for latches and locks on doors, and cuts recesses in doors for hinges and locks, using portable router: Places door on worktable and positions template on door at point indicated on specification sheet or blueprint.
- 2) Starts and guides router against template.
- 3) Positions hinge in recess to verify depth of cut.
- 4) Clamps door to table of boring machine.
- 5) Positions bits over marks on door indicating location of holes to be bored.
- 6) Starts machine which indexes cutting heads automatically to bore prescribed holes or pulls cord on lever to lower rotating bit.
- 7) Chisels out wood from recess to prepare it for lock, using wood chisel.
Is being a "PREFITTER, DOORS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PREFITTER, DOORS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PREFITTER, DOORS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PREFITTER, DOORS"
Job Number: 7799