Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates lens generating machine to grind ophthalmic and optical element blanks, such as lenses, prisms, and optical flats, to specified curvature and thickness: Reads work orders, sketch, or blueprint to ascertain grinding specifications.
- 2) Selects specified size holding tool or fabricates tool to fit optic blank.
- 3) Presses blank into holding tool and mounts tool in generator.
- 4) Selects specified diamond grinding wheel and secures wheel on generator spindle.
- 5) Adjusts generator controls to regulate rotation speed of tool and blank, rate of feed, angle of arc, and depth of cut.
- 6) Positions coolant nozzle over blank and starts generator to grind blank to specified curvature and thickness.
- 7) Observes generator operation.
- 8) Stops generator after specified time lapse and measures optic blank to verify curvature and thickness, using precision measuring instruments, such as dial gauge, spherometer, and micrometer.
- 9) May utilize pitch or vacuum holding device to secure blank on holding tool.
- 10) May move generator controls manually to grind blank.
- 11) May operate surface grinder or milling machine to generate optical surfaces.
- 12) May be designated according to type lens ground as Cataract-Lens Generator; Eyeglass-Lens Generator; Instrument-Lens Generator; Multifocal-Button Generator.
- 13) May operate lens generator to remove scratches and true surface of lens and be designated Truer.
Is being a "PRECISION-LENS GENERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PRECISION-LENS GENERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PRECISION-LENS GENERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PRECISION-LENS GENERATOR"
Job Number: 7794