"PRECISION ASSEMBLER, BENCH"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles machined parts into precision aircraft and missile assemblies, such as landing gear struts, brakes, fueling equipment, control linkages, actuators, and gearbox mechanisms, according to specifications, using handtools, power tools, and measuring instruments: Measures parts to determine specified tolerance, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and verniers.
- 2) Files and buffs parts to fit, using handtools and power tools.
- 3) Drills, taps, reams, countersinks, and spotfaces bolt holes in parts, using drill press or portable power drill.
- 4) Positions and aligns parts, using jigs, fixtures, and templates.
- 5) Bolts, screws, and rivets parts together, using handtools and power tools.
- 6) Disassembles and replaces parts as required.
- 7) May lap and hone internal cylindrical surfaces.
- 8) May test functional performance of assembly.
- 9) May clean and lubricate parts and assemblies.
- 10) May mark identifying information on parts.
Is being a "PRECISION ASSEMBLER, BENCH" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PRECISION ASSEMBLER, BENCH" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PRECISION ASSEMBLER, BENCH"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PRECISION ASSEMBLER, BENCH"
Job Number: 7792