Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Lays out plans and estimates costs for constructing transmission lines: Visits proposed construction site and selects best and shortest route to avoid interference with telephone or other lines.
- 2) Submits data on proposed route to right-of-way department for obtaining necessary easements.
- 3) Arranges for aerial, topographical, and other surveys to be made to obtain pertinent data for planning lines.
- 4) Devises steel and wood supporting structures for cables and draws sketch showing their location.
- 5) Performs detailed engineering calculations to draw up construction specifications, such as cable sag, pole strength, and necessary grounding.
- 6) Estimates labor, material, and construction costs, and draws up specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- 7) Keeps informed on new developments in electric power transmission.
- 8) Assists various departments of power company on problems involving transmission-line operation and maintenance.
- 9) Inspects completed installation.
- 10) Does not usually plan facilities for distributing power to consumers.
Is being a "POWER-TRANSMISSION ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "POWER-TRANSMISSION ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "POWER-TRANSMISSION ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "POWER-TRANSMISSION ENGINEER"
Job Number: 7782