Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls nuclear reactor that produces steam for generation of electric power and coordinates operation of auxiliary equipment: Adjusts controls, under supervision, to start and shut down reactor and to regulate flux level, reactor period, coolant temperature, and rate of flow, control rod positions, and other control elements that affect power level within reactor, following standard instructions and prescribed practices.
- 2) Dispatches orders and instructions to plant personnel through radiotelephone or intercommunication system to coordinate operation of such auxiliary equipment as pumps, compressors, switchgears, and water-treatment systems.
- 3) May assist in preparing, transferring, loading, and unloading nuclear fuel elements.
- 4) May be required to hold Nuclear Reactor Operator's license.
- 5) May be required to hold Radiotelephone Operator's license.
- 6) May control dual purpose reactors that produce plutonium and steam.
- 7) May control operation of auxiliary equipment, such as turbines and generators.
Is being a "POWER-REACTOR OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "POWER-REACTOR OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "POWER-REACTOR OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "POWER-REACTOR OPERATOR"
Job Number: 7777