Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates boilers, turbines, generators, and auxiliary equipment at generating plant to produce electricity: Monitors control board and regulates equipment, according to procedures and information obtained from recording and indicating instruments.
- 2) Adjusts controls of water and cold feed systems, blowers, and igniters to start up or shut down boilers.
- 3) Controls operation of boiler auxiliary equipment, such as water and vacuum pumps, coal driers and pulverizers, steam condensers, and soot blowers, to ensure efficient operation of boilers.
- 4) Adjusts boiler controls to provide steam at specified temperature and pressure for turbine loads according to power demands.
- 5) Adjusts controls to regulate speed, voltage, and phase of incoming turbines to coincide with voltage and phase of power being generated.
- 6) Synchronizes incoming generating units with units in operation and closes circuit breaker at exact instant of coincidence.
- 7) Monitors gauges to determine effect of generator load on related equipment, such as bus bars and voltage regulators.
- 8) Adjusts transformer controls to regulate flow of power between generating stations and substations.
- 9) Operates switchgear to regulate and transfer power loads to protect maintenance workers engaged in repairing or cleaning equipment.
- 10) Records malfunctions of equipment, instruments, or controls on logsheet.
Is being a "POWER-PLANT OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "POWER-PLANT OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "POWER-PLANT OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "POWER-PLANT OPERATOR"
Job Number: 7775