Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans construction and coordinates operation of facilities for transmitting power from distribution points to consumers: Lays out substations and overhead and underground lines in urban and rural areas.
- 2) Prepares specifications and estimates costs.
- 3) Makes complex electrical computations to determine type and arrangement of circuits and size, type and number of pieces of equipment, such as transformers, circuit breakers, switches, and lightning arresters.
- 4) Computes sag and stress for specifications on wire and cable.
- 5) Plans layout of pole lines and underground cable and solves problems, such as determining height, location, spacing, guying, and insulating of poles.
- 6) May be designated according to specialization as Overhead-Distribution Engineer; Rural-Service Engineer; Substation Engineer; Underground-Distribution Engineer.
Is being a "POWER-DISTRIBUTION ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "POWER-DISTRIBUTION ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "POWER-DISTRIBUTION ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "POWER-DISTRIBUTION ENGINEER"
Job Number: 7767