Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Loads explosives into blastholes to prepare for blasting overburden in open pit copper mine, working as member of crew: Measures depth of blasthole, using weighted tape measure, and consults SUPERVISOR, BLASTING to determine amount of explosives needed.
- 2) Cuts specified lengths of primacord and attaches primer to end of cord.
- 3) Lowers cord into hole and ties upper end to stake.
- 4) Signals EXPLOSIVES-TRUCK DRIVER to drive truck into position near blasthole.
- 5) Positions hopper funnel over hole and admits specified amount of explosives.
- 6) Shovels drill cuttings to fill and tamp hole.
- 7) Places safety cones around blast area to alert other workers.
Is being a "POWDER LOADER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "POWDER LOADER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "POWDER LOADER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "POWDER LOADER"
Job Number: 7756