Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Slaughters and dresses fowl in preparation for marketing, performing any combination of following tasks: Chops off bird's head or slits bird's throat to slaughter bird, using knife.
- 2) Hangs bird by feet to drain blood.
- 3) Dips bird into scalding water to loosen feathers.
- 4) Holds bird against projecting rubber fingers of rotating drum to remove feathers.
- 5) Cuts bird open, removes viscera, and washes bird and giblets.
- 6) May pluck chickens by hand.
- 7) May be designated according to type of fowl dressed as Chicken Dresser; Turkey Dresser.
- 8) May be known according to specific duties performed as Poultry Picker; Poultry Scalder.
Is being a "POULTRY DRESSER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "POULTRY DRESSER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "POULTRY DRESSER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "POULTRY DRESSER"
Job Number: 7738