Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates pug mill, jigger machine, and drying chamber, that form, dry, and finish ceramic ware, such as bowls, cups, plates, and saucers: Adjusts and sets controls of pug mill that mixes, extrudes, cuts, and deposits clay charges in or over molds as specified.
- 2) Installs shaping tool in head of jiggering unit, using handtools.
- 3) Sets controls to regulate temperature of drying chamber.
- 4) Installs trimming tools and abrasives on arms of ware-finishing unit, using handtools.
- 5) Starts machine unit and conveyors and observes lights and gauges on panelboard to verify operational efficiency.
- 6) Examines finished ware for defects and measures dimensions, using rule and thickness gauge.
- 7) Adjusts pressures, temperatures, and trimming tool settings as required.
- 8) May operate jigger machine only and be designated Potter.
- 9) May form urns and planters, using jolly, and be designated Jollier.
Is being a "POTTERY-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "POTTERY-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "POTTERY-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "POTTERY-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 7733