Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tests electrical circuitry and measures temperature and depth level of materials in aluminum reduction pots: Places contact rods of voltmeter against anode of reduction pot and against lining of next pot on line to obtain voltage reading of pot circuit.
- 2) Records meter reading, repeats test on next pot, and deducts reading from previous reading to determine any power loss.
- 3) Repeats test on each succeeding pot to obtain and record power loss at each point along potline.
- 4) Removes concrete sections of floor, using overhead hoist, to expose electrical circuits.
- 5) Places prongs of millivoltmeter on ground and electrical connections to measure amount of positive and negative charges entering pot.
- 6) Inspects electrical connections, firebrick lining, and wiring to detect damaged, worn, or broken parts, and notifies POT-ROOM SUPERVISOR of discrepancies.
- 7) Breaks hole in pot crust with crowbar, and inserts thermocouple to measure temperature of contents.
- 8) Measures depth of contents, using measuring rod, and records temperature and depth on control form.
- 9) Dips ladle into pot to remove sample of aluminum for laboratory analysis, and pours sample into mold.
- 10) Records test readings, voltage loss, temperatures, and depth levels on master control form, and submits it to POT-ROOM SUPERVISOR.
Is being a "POTLINE MONITOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "POTLINE MONITOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "POTLINE MONITOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "POTLINE MONITOR"
Job Number: 7730