Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that washes and peels potatoes: Loads potatoes into hopper of machine by hand or by use of hoist.
- 2) Starts machine and equipment that cuts oversized potatoes in half and conveys potatoes through washing and peeling units.
- 3) Observes operation of machine to prevent jamming and ensure that potato skins are removed.
- 4) In batch-type machine, adjusts timing device to control stay of potatoes in pot containing abrasive disk.
- 5) In continuous-type machine, pushes lever to regulate flow of potatoes over abrasive rollers to control amount of skin removed.
- 6) Inspects peeled potatoes, passing on conveyor belt, and discards rotten potatoes.
- 7) Cuts up oversized potatoes and removes unsuitable parts, using knife.
Is being a "POTATO-PEELING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "POTATO-PEELING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "POTATO-PEELING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "POTATO-PEELING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 7729