Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls heated pots to dehydrate concentrated caustic solution, according to operating procedures: Starts pumps and opens valves to admit specified quantity of caustic solution to pots.
- 2) Reads pressure and flowmeters and charts, and turns valves to control flow of caustic liquor to prevent overflow in pots.
- 3) Observes boiling rate and temperature recorders and turns valves or sets thermostat to maintain pot temperature within specified limits.
- 4) Records flow, pressure, and temperature readings in operating log.
- 5) May perform chemical tests on caustic and add reagents to facilitate production of standard product.
- 6) May tend machine that flakes caustic soda.
- 7) May fire oil or gas furnaces under direction of STATIONARY ENGINEER.
Is being a "POT FIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "POT FIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "POT FIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "POT FIRER"
Job Number: 7722