Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles cathode pots for use in electrolytic cells, using handtools and hoist: Assembles cathode rings on ends of cylindrical form jig, using handtools and hoist.
- 2) Wraps asbestos diaphragm paper around inner and outer jig assembly and applies glue to secure asbestos in place.
- 3) Wraps perforated steel diaphragm screens around assembly and clasps ends together or secures screen in place with metal hoops, using handtools.
- 4) Wraps asbestos tape around cathode rim or hammers iron band around top to attain airtight connection.
- 5) Applies putty, asbestos compound, and paint, using putty knife, putty extruder, and brush, to seal cathode connections and joints.
- 6) Removes cathode assembly from jig, using hoist.
- 7) May cut asbestos paper to required size.
- 8) May insert rubber gaskets or solder overlapping metal at joints to attain airtight connections.
- 9) May perform duties of CELL REPAIRER.
Is being a "POT BUILDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "POT BUILDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "POT BUILDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "POT BUILDER"
Job Number: 7721