Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Conducts tests and field investigations to obtain data for use by environmental, engineering, and scientific personnel in determining sources and methods of controlling pollutants in air, water, and soil, utilizing knowledge of agriculture, chemistry, meteorology, and engineering principles and applied technologies: Conducts chemical and physical laboratory and field tests according to prescribed standards to determine characteristics or composition of solid, liquid, or gaseous materials and substances, using pH meter, chemicals, autoclaves, centrifuge, spectrophotometer, microscope, analytical instrumentation, and chemical laboratory equipment.
- 2) Collects samples of gases from smokestacks, and collects other air samples and meteorological data to assist in evaluation of atmospheric pollutants.
- 3) Collects water samples from streams and lakes, or raw, semiprocessed or processed water, industrial waste water, or water from other sources to assess pollution problem.
- 4) Collects soil, silt, or mud to determine chemical composition and nature of pollutants.
- 5) Prepares sample for testing, records data, and prepares summaries and charts for review.
- 6) Sets monitoring equipment to provide flow of information.
- 7) Installs, operates, and performs routine maintenance on gas and fluid flow systems, chemical reaction systems, mechanical equipment, and other test instrumentation.
- 8) May operate fixed or mobile monitoring or data collection station.
- 9) May conduct bacteriological or other tests related to research in environmental or pollution control activity.
- 10) May collect and analyze engine exhaust emissions to determine type and amount of pollutants and be designated Engine Emission Technician.
- 11) May specialize in one phase or type of environmental pollution or protection and be identified according to specialty.
Is being a "POLLUTION-CONTROL TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "POLLUTION-CONTROL TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "POLLUTION-CONTROL TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "POLLUTION-CONTROL TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 7695