Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans and conducts engineering studies to analyze and evaluate pollution problems, methods of pollution control, and methods of testing pollution sources to determine physiochemical nature and concentration of contaminants: Reviews data collected by POLLUTION-CONTROL TECHNICIAN from pollution emission sources.
- 2) Performs engineering calculations to determine pollution emissions from various industrial sources and to evaluate effectiveness of pollution control equipment.
- 3) Reviews compliance schedules and inspection reports to ensure compliance with pollution control regulations.
- 4) Recommends issuance or denial of permits for industries to construct or operate facilities.
- 5) Advises enforcement personnel of noncompliance or unsatisfactory compliance with regulations.
- 6) Develops or modifies techniques for monitoring pollution.
- 7) Calibrates and adjusts pollution control monitors to ensure accurate functioning of instruments.
- 8) May be designated according to specialty as Air-Pollution Engineer; Noise-Abatement Engineer; Water Quality-Control Engineer.
Is being a "POLLUTION-CONTROL ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "POLLUTION-CONTROL ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "POLLUTION-CONTROL ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "POLLUTION-CONTROL ENGINEER"
Job Number: 7694