"POLISHING MACHINE TENDER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends abrading machines that polish or lap surface of semiconductor wafers: Reads work order to determine specifications.
- 2) Loads wafers or carriers containing wafers onto polishing or lapping machine.
- 3) Adjusts machine controls or loads programmed control media in machine to regulate pressure, time, and slurry flow.
- 4) Starts lapping machine that removes saw marks and reduces wafer thickness or starts polishing machine that polishes wafers.
- 5) Observes machine operation and listens to sounds of belts, cams, and abrading wheel to detect machine malfunctions.
- 6) Adjusts mechanisms or requests repairs as necessary.
- 7) Stops machine at prescribed time, removes wafers from machine, and rinses wafers with water to cool wafers and remove slurry.
- 8) Examines wafers for defects, and measures wafer thickness, using thickness gauge.
- 9) May clean wafers, using chemical solutions, water, or gases, to remove contaminants from wafer surface.
- 10) May mount wafers onto carriers.
- 12) May tend machine that rounds wafer edges and be designated Edge-Round Tender.
- 13) May be designated according to machine tended as Lapping Machine Tender.
Is being a "POLISHING MACHINE TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "POLISHING MACHINE TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "POLISHING MACHINE TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "POLISHING MACHINE TENDER"
Job Number: 7688