Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates belt sanding machine to polish flat metal surfaces, such as small arms parts and metal strips: Pushes button to lower drive wheel and installs abrasive belt of specified grit, using wrenches.
- 2) Places metal part on conveyor belt and turns knobs to raise conveyor and bring workpiece into contact with polishing belt.
- 3) Turns valves to regulate flow of coolant onto polishing belt and starts machine.
- 4) Examines first run part to determine conformance of finish to specifications and adjusts height of conveyor as indicated to achieve specified finish.
- 5) Replaces worn polishing belts, fills coolant tank, and cleans collection tank, using handtools, to maintain machine in operating condition.
Is being a "POLISHING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "POLISHING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "POLISHING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "POLISHING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 7689