Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Compiles data and records changes in insurance policies: Examines letter from insured or agent, original application, and other company documents to determine how to effect proposed changes, such as change in beneficiary or method of payment, increase in principal sum or type of insurance.
- 2) Corresponds with insured or agent to obtain supplemental information or to explain how change would not conform to company regulations or state laws, or routes file to POLICYHOLDER-INFORMATION CLERK.
- 3) Calculates premium, commission adjustments, and new reserve requirements, using rate books, statistical tables, and calculator or computer, and knowledge of specific types of policies.
- 4) Transcribes data to abstract or enters data into computer for use in preparing documents and adjusting accounts.
- 5) May write abstract or enter data into computer to prepare new policy or rider to existing policy.
- 6) May underwrite changes when increase in amount of risk occurs.
Is being a "POLICY-CHANGE CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "POLICY-CHANGE CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "POLICY-CHANGE CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "POLICY-CHANGE CLERK"
Job Number: 7672