"POLICE OFFICER I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Patrols assigned beat on foot, on motorcycle, in patrol car, or on horseback to control traffic, prevent crime or disturbance of peace, and arrest violators: Familiarizes self with beat and with persons living in area.
- 2) Notes suspicious persons and establishments and reports to superior officer.
- 4) Disperses unruly crowds at public gatherings.
- 5) Renders first aid at accidents, and investigates causes and results of accident.
- 6) Directs and reroutes traffic around fire or other disruption.
- 7) Inspects public establishments requiring licenses to ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
- 8) Warns or arrests persons violating animal ordinances.
- 9) Issues tickets to traffic violators.
- 10) Registers at police call boxes at specified interval or time.
- 11) Writes and files daily activity report with superior officer.
- 12) May drive patrol wagon or police ambulance.
- 13) May notify public works department of location of abandoned vehicles to tow away.
- 14) May accompany parking meter personnel to protect money collected.
- 15) May be designated according to assigned duty as Airport Safety And Security Officer; Dance-Hall Inspector; Traffic Police Officer; or according to equipment used as Ambulance Driver; Motorcycle Police Officer; Mounted Police Officer.
- 16) May be designated: Emergency-Detail Driver; Patrol Driver; Pool-Hall Inspector; Radio Police Officer; Show Inspector.
Is being a "POLICE OFFICER I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "POLICE OFFICER I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "POLICE OFFICER I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "POLICE OFFICER I"
Job Number: 7662