Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cuts notches for crossarms and installs step sockets in telephone, telegraph, and electric-power transmission poles: Sights down pole to determine straightest side so that poles will line up evenly when erected.
- 2) Saws tip of pole to point with chain saw.
- 3) Saws two parallel cuts at specified place on pole and cuts out wood between cuts with adz to make crossarm notch.
- 4) Drills bolthole through pole at center of crossarm notch, using electric drill.
- 5) Measures intervals for step sockets on opposite sides of pole.
- 6) Drills holes and drives step sockets in place with small ax.
- 7) Loads and unloads poles from railroad cars or truck, using rope, skids, and cant hook.
Is being a "POLE FRAMER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "POLE FRAMER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "POLE FRAMER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "POLE FRAMER"
Job Number: 7646