Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Diagnoses and treats diseases and deformities of human foot: Diagnoses foot ailments, such as tumors, ulcers, fractures, skin or nail diseases, and congenital or acquired deformities, utilizing diagnostic aids, such as urinalysis, blood tests, and x-ray analysis.
- 2) Treats deformities, such as flat or weak feet and foot imbalance, by mechanical and electrical methods, such as whirlpool or paraffin baths and short wave and low voltage currents.
- 3) Treats conditions, such as corns, calluses, ingrowing nails, tumors, shortened tendons, bunions, cysts, and abscesses by surgical methods, including suturing, medications, and administration of local anesthetics.
- 5) Does not perform foot amputations.
- 6) Corrects deformities by means of plaster casts and strappings.
- 7) Makes and fits prosthetic appliances.
- 8) Prescribes corrective footwear.
- 9) Advises patients concerning continued treatment of disorders and proper foot care to prevent recurrence.
- 10) Refers patients to physician when symptoms observed in feet and legs indicate systemic disorders, such as arthritis, heart disease, diabetes, or kidney trouble.
- 11) May treat bone, muscle, and joint disorders and be designated Podiatrist, Orthopedic; childrens foot diseases and be designated Podopediatrician.
- 12) May perform surgery and be designated Podiatric Surgeon.
Is being a "PODIATRIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PODIATRIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PODIATRIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PODIATRIST"
Job Number: 7643