Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any of following duties involved in chipping, caulking, drilling, and riveting steelplates, beams, and other structural parts of ships under construction or repair, using pneumatic tools: Caulks overlapping seams between steelplates to make seams watertight, using caulking tool.
- 2) Chips, cuts, trims, and bevels metal to various shapes and sizes, using handtools and pneumatic hammer.
- 3) Drills, reams, and countersinks rivet and bolt holes, pipe openings, or other holes in steelplate, steel beams, and angle iron, using portable drilling machines.
- 4) Heats rivets in forge to specified temperature.
- 5) Presses steel bar against head of hot rivet while RIVETER, HAND hydrostatically tests rivet from opposite side.
- 6) Tests compartments, tanks, and other watertight parts for leaks, using water and air pressure.
Is being a "PNEUMATIC-TOOL OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PNEUMATIC-TOOL OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PNEUMATIC-TOOL OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PNEUMATIC-TOOL OPERATOR"
Job Number: 7634