Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends one or more machines that fold and press pleats into materials, such as cloth, paper, plastic, or parchment: Turns thumbscrews or levers to adjust pleating knife according to width specified for pleats and for distance specified between pleats, and to adjust temperature of pressing rollers.
- 2) Places roll of material on rod at entry end of machine and draws end of fabric through guides, pleating knife, and between heated pressing rollers.
- 3) Laps end of fabric around takeup roll or guides end into box.
- 4) Starts machine and observes pleating for conformance to specifications.
- 5) May thread material between layers of paper to prevent heated rollers from scorching material.
- 6) May tend machine that attaches waxed thread to edges of material to hold pleats in fabric.
Is being a "PLEATING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PLEATING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PLEATING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PLEATING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 7610