Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates barrel plating equipment to coat metal objects electrolytically with metal to build up, protect, or decorate surfaces: Places metal objects in mesh container and immerses objects in cleaning solutions.
- 2) Places objects in perforated or mesh barrel of plating equipment and clamps door in barrel opening.
- 3) Turns handle to lower barrel into plating solution and to close electrical contacts.
- 4) Starts rotation of barrel.
- 5) Starts flow of electric current through plating solution that decomposes plating metal at anode and deposits metal coating on objects in barrel.
- 6) Stops flow of current after specified time and removes objects.
- 7) Places objects in mesh container and immerses objects in rinsing solutions.
- 8) Dries plated objects, using centrifugal drier or tumbler filled with sawdust.
- 9) Tests solutions, using hydrometer, and adds chemicals to maintain specified concentrations.
Is being a "PLATER, BARREL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PLATER, BARREL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PLATER, BARREL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PLATER, BARREL"
Job Number: 7593