Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates automatic, platen-type cutting-creasing press to cut rolls of paperboard into carton blanks: Selects, installs, and adjusts specified chase on press bed, using handtools.
- 2) Positions and attaches stripping cylinder on roller and turns wheel to adjust tension on rubberized backer roll.
- 3) Mounts roll of paperboard on machine feed spindle, using hoist, and threads paperboard through feed, tension, and idler rollers.
- 4) Starts machine and observes operation.
- 5) Turns dials and wheels to synchronize machine speed with speed of feed rolls and to regulate pressure on feed rolls.
- 6) Starts conveyor that transports broke to baling machine.
- 7) Measures cut-scored blanks for conformity to specifications, using tape measure, and examines blanks for defects, such as wrinkles and tears.
- 8) Adjusts machine to correct defects.
Is being a "PLATEN-PRESS OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PLATEN-PRESS OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PLATEN-PRESS OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PLATEN-PRESS OPERATOR"
Job Number: 7588