Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends pair of semiautomatic cylindrical grinders that grind typewriter and adding machine rubber platens and feed rollers to specified diameter and finish: Mounts platen between driving head and tailstock and trips lever causing carriage to bear platen against and across grinding wheel for coarse grind and rough finish.
- 2) Removes platen, mounts it in second machine equipped with finer grit wheel, and grinds platen to specified diameter and desired finish.
- 3) Examines finished platen for smoothness and for defects in rubber, such as scratches, graining, or holes.
- 4) Measures platen for conformance to specified diameter, using C-gage.
- 5) May tend double-bladed cutting device to trim excess rubber from ends of platen.
- 6) May tend machine that grinds and finishes platens and rollers in single operation.
Is being a "PLATEN GRINDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PLATEN GRINDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PLATEN GRINDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PLATEN GRINDER"
Job Number: 7585