Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects offset lithographic printing plates for quality and content at printing establishment: Visually examines plates for defects, such as spaces, spots, broken type, and crooked or overlapping halftones, and views film and film flat used to produce plates to determine cause of defect.
- 2) Compares halftones and screen tints on plates to film flat, using magnifier, to detect overdevelopment or underdevelopment of plates.
- 3) Measures plates with ruler and compares measurements and appearance of plates to prepress proofs to verify accuracy of positioning and presence of artwork and type for each color.
- 4) Applies correcting solutions to plates or notifies supervisor of defects and suspected causes.
- 5) Delivers plates meeting establishment criteria and companion materials, such as artwork, proofs, pasteups, film, and film flats, to press for printing.
Is being a "PLATE INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PLATE INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PLATE INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PLATE INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 7575