Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Removes and repairs surface defects in steel plates, using hammer and chisel, portable power grinder, and arc welding machine: Determines method required for reconditioning plate based upon examination of plate or following instructions of supervisory personnel.
- 2) Chips out rolled-in scale from plate, using hammer and chisel, or grinds overfills to plate level, using portable electric grinder.
- 3) Fills in depressions or chipped out areas of plate, using arc welding machine.
- 4) Brushes welded area to remove flux, using wire brush, and grinds filled in area to remove excess metal and to smooth plate, using portable electric grinder.
- 5) Reworks plate to meet standards as directed by inspection personnel.
- 6) Stamps or marks identification on plate, using steel dies, hammer, or chalk.
- 7) Attaches sling to plate and crane hook and signals worker operating crane to lift and position plate on or remove plate from workbench.
Is being a "PLATE CONDITIONER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PLATE CONDITIONER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PLATE CONDITIONER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PLATE CONDITIONER"
Job Number: 7570