"PLASTIC TOOL MAKER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Molds and assembles plastic tools, such as gauges, jigs, templates, and fixtures, following blueprints: Spreads layers of glass cloth on molds or forms and brushes each layer with plastic to build plastic tool following configuration of mold.
- 2) Pries cured plastic tool from mold with prying tool.
- 3) Calculates, from blueprints, location of guide and reference lines and holes for tools.
- 4) Measures and marks location of lines and holes on tools, using calipers, micrometers, and protractors.
- 5) Drills holes in tools, using drill press, and forces bushings into holes, using arbor press or hammer.
- 6) Assembles tools by laminating them with glass cloth and resin.
- 7) Verifies alignment and dimensions of assembly, using calipers, height gauges, gram scale, and sight level.
- 8) Trims excess material from tool parts with power grinder.
- 9) Fills space between adjoining parts with plastic.
- 10) May build wood frame to support and maintain alignment of complex tools, using carpenter's handtools.
- 11) May laminate tools to frame.
Is being a "PLASTIC TOOL MAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PLASTIC TOOL MAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PLASTIC TOOL MAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PLASTIC TOOL MAKER"
Job Number: 7558