Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Constructs plastic segments of mannequins and display forms, using molds, liquid plastic, and glass fiber cloth: Brushes paste wax onto inside surfaces of mold halves to facilitate removal of molded form.
- 2) Inserts aluminum fitting block corresponding to segment of form being constructed into recess of mold.
- 3) Brushes coat of liquid plastic onto inside surfaces of mold halves.
- 4) Lays strips of glass fiber mesh on surface of mold cavity and fastens ends of strips to inside projections of fitting blocks.
- 5) Brushes liquid resin adhesive over glass fiber strips.
- 6) Builds up form to specified thickness with alternate layers of glass fiber strips and adhesive.
- 7) Sprinkles chopped glass fiber particles on built-up area and applies final coat of liquid adhesive.
- 8) Clamps halves of mold together and places it on rack to dry.
- 9) Removes dried form from mold and places it on rack for finishing.
Is being a "PLASTIC MOLDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PLASTIC MOLDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PLASTIC MOLDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PLASTIC MOLDER"
Job Number: 7556