Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fabricates precision plastic checking fixtures used to determine accuracy of stamped metal parts: Casts plastic reproduction from model of part.
- 2) Lays out reference lines on cast as guides in assembling, fitting, and trimming operations, using height gauges, surface plates, squares, protractors, and other measuring instruments.
- 3) Cuts and trims casts following reference lines, using files, saws, planes, and other handtools.
- 4) Assembles casts with glue, bolts, and other fasteners.
- 5) Fits and fastens metal inserts into fixture at specified points to increase strength or accuracy.
- 6) Verifies dimensions of completed fixture for conformance to specifications, using templates and measuring instruments.
- 7) May fabricate metal inserts used in fixture, using powered saws, powered grinder, and files.
Is being a "PLASTIC-FIXTURE BUILDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PLASTIC-FIXTURE BUILDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PLASTIC-FIXTURE BUILDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PLASTIC-FIXTURE BUILDER"
Job Number: 7561