Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Casts plastic reproductions of models, patterns, and prototype parts: Examines part to determine sections that can be cast and assembled to obtain reproduction.
- 2) Constructs boxlike enclosure around section of part to be duplicated.
- 3) Brushes or sprays surface of section with parting agent to prevent plastic from sticking to surface.
- 4) Casts part, using either of following methods: Brushes plastic facing coat on section of part to be cast.
- 5) Mixes plastic resin and brushes thin, uniform coat over facing coat.
- 6) Cuts fiberglass cloth to approximate size of cast and places it over resin.
- 7) Brushes cloth to smooth it, applies additional coat of resin, and repeats procedure until alternate layers of fiberglass and resin are built up to specified thickness.
- 8) Brushes plastic facing coat on section of part to be cast, mixes plastic resin, and pours it into enclosure until cast is of specified thickness.
- 9) Removes hardened cast from section.
- 10) Files, grinds, and sands cast to remove jagged edges and to cut cast down to specified dimensions.
- 11) Forms base and bracing structure to support cast, using handtools and liquid adhesive.
- 12) May assemble casts to produce completed model, pattern, or prototype.
- 13) May bolt or otherwise fasten metal inserts to casts at specified points.
Is being a "PLASTIC DUPLICATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PLASTIC DUPLICATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PLASTIC DUPLICATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PLASTIC DUPLICATOR"
Job Number: 7555